Patients with several missing teeth are often prescribed full or partial dentures as an effective replacement. Although these types of fake teeth will never feel exactly the same as natural ones, there are still several advantages to these procedures. Patients of Dr. David Goldberg who receive dentures in Valencia, CA can expect the following benefits:
- No surgery
- Easy maintenance
- Easily removable
- Improved appearance
- Prevention of shifting teeth
What are dentures?
Dentures are a type of prosthetic tooth replacement that can be removed and replaced at any time. Since they are, in fact, fake teeth, they will never look or feel the same as natural teeth. However, modern dentures have seen many improvements over older models. This means they are more comfortable and attractive than ever before.
There are two main types of dentures. Depending on your individual needs, Dr. Goldberg will help you decide if you are more suited for full or partial dentures:
– Full dentures are usually used to replace entire arches of teeth after they have been removed because of decay or injury. Although it usually takes about 12 weeks after tooth removal before permanent dentures can be placed, Dr. Goldberg will give you a temporary denture to wear in the meantime.
– Partial dentures are used when one or more natural teeth remain and do not need extraction. This type of denture fits around the remaining teeth and can easily be removed at any time. Partials are attached to adjacent teeth for support.
What are the benefits?
Removable dentures have some advantages over other types of fake teeth. They are especially beneficial for those who are not candidates for or unable to undergo dental implant surgery. Some benefits include:
- No need for surgery
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Easily removable before sleep or meal time
- Restored chewing function
- Prevention of facial collapse
Whether you are missing one tooth or are fully edentulous, we can replace your missing teeth with full or partial dentures. For more information on dentures in Valencia, CA, contact Dr. Goldberg and schedule your consultation today!