If you are losing sleep or having trouble with daily tasks because of tooth pain, you might need attention from an emergency dentist in Valencia, CA. Occasionally, incidents will occur where a patient suffers pain or their oral health becomes endangered. This is why Dr. David Goldberg reserves time every day for such instances where emergency dental care is needed.
When suffering from a toothache, broken tooth, lost tooth, or other urgent problems, give us a call and we will provide treatment as soon as possible. Tooth pain is often a sign of a much larger problem and will only become worse as time passes. Please do not hesitate to contact our offices for any emergency dental care needs you may have.
Although we will do our best to get you an appointment with Dr. Goldberg within 24 hours, there are some precautions you can take to keep any pain or discomfort under control until then:
- Toothache – You can keep the area clean by rinsing with warm water every hour or so.
- Swollen lip or tongue – Gently clean the area with a warm, damp cloth and apply a cold compress to reduce swelling. If bleeding does not stop, go to the emergency room.
- Broken tooth – Keep the mouth free of bacteria by rinsing with warm water or mouthwash, then apply a cold compress to reduce swelling.
- Tooth loss – Rinse with warm water and try to put the tooth back into its socket (avoid touching the root portion). If it will not go in, place the tooth in a glass of milk until your appointment.
- Abscess – Keep the area free of bacteria by rinsing with warm water every few hours until your appointment.
Following these steps will help to prevent the condition from worsening while also minimizing pain and discomfort. To speak with an emergency dentist in Valencia, CA, contact the offices of Dr. Goldberg to schedule your emergency dental care appointment today!